Leading Chinese Liver Transplant Surgeon Commits Suicide

Chinese doctor Zang Yunjin, age 57, reportedly committed suicide on February 26th by jumping off a tall building. Zang, a well-respected liver transplant surgeon, won many honors from the Chinese regime over the last 20 years. Every hospital where Zang worked has been specifically identified by investigators at the World Organization to Investigate the Persecution of Falun Gong as being involved in the live forced organ harvesting of Falun Gong practitioners.

The persecution of Falun Gong began in July 1999 on the orders of former Chinese president Jiang Zemin. Very rapidly, hundreds of thousands of innocent people were illegally detained in detention centers, labor camps, and prisons. Organ harvesting of Falun Gong, also initiated by Zemin, then began increasing exponentially along with transplant surgeries throughout China.

With the assistance of the Chinese government, Zang studied transplant surgery in the United States at the Thomas E. Starzl Transplantation Institute of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center from September 1999 to December 2000. He then returned to China to begin his illustrious career as a liver transplant specialist.

In 2000, Zang established a liver transplant program in Shandong Provincial Qianfoshan Hospital and helped create the Shandong Provincial Organ Transplant Center in 2001.

He participated in the extraction of 1,600 donor livers at the Tianjin First Central Hospital between 2004 and 2008. This same hospital was exposed by the 2017 Korean TV documentary for having organs available on demand for cash payment from transplant tourists. In addition, the documentary revealed that a larger cash payment resulted in expedited surgeries.

Zang also became deputy director of the Liver Transplantation Institute of the Beijing Armed Police General Hospital where he performed more than 1,000 liver transplants.

In 2014, Zang became head of the Organ Transplantation Center at the Affiliated Hospital of Qingdao University where he oversaw transplant activities until his death.

No reason was given for his suicide.