Last updated: May 25, 2018
Collecting personal information:
(1) Consistent with DAFOH’s mission to provide information about objective findings on forced organ harvesting and medical ethics, DAFOH informs individuals who wish to receive related information. For this purpose DAFOH collects personal data from individuals to provide a regular e-newsletter. Individuals can subscribe to this e-newsletter service on our publicly accessible website.
(2) For individuals who wish to join DAFOH as supportive members, we ask those individuals to provide their name and email. It is optional to provide their profession and physical address.
Purpose of the collecting the personal information:
(3) We ask subscribers to provide their email address to that we can send them information on forced organ harvesting and medical ethics. Such information includes newsletters, updates, alerts, press releases etc.
(4) We ask members to submit name and email address to provide them with information, including, but not limited to, newsletters, updates, alerts, press releases etc.
(5) In addition, we ask members to provide information about their profession. This allows us to connect and reach out to those members to inquire if they have interest to be actively involved in our work. We collect information about their location, to approach members for local advocacy work.
How we collect personal data, and how:
(6) Individuals can subscribe to our newsletter on our website: www.dafoh.org. The access is public accessible. If individuals subscribe to our newsletter, they have the option to unsubscribe at any time. An unsubscribe link is included in all newsletters.
(7) DAFOH does not retain subscriber data should the subscriber wish to unsubscribe. If the subscriber wishes to have his information removed, we remove his personal data from our data bank.
No contact information disclosure to any third party:
(8) DAFOH does not disclose any membership or subscriber data to any third party. The contact information collected by DAFOH is solely collected for the purpose to enable communication from DAFOH to the subscriber for the sole purpose to inform subscribers about news and updates related to the work done by DAFOH and information related to forced organ harvesting and medical ethics.
Control of personal data:
(9) For inquiries about your personal data, please contact us at:
1875 I Street, NW, # 500
Washington, DC 20006
Email: [email protected]
Special information for subscribers who reside in the European Union:
Starting from May 25, 2018, the processing of personal data in the European Union is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).